1. Basics in pharmacology and medicine.
Has detailed understanding of the scientific disciplines on the interface between molecular and cellular biology, integrative physiology and behaviour, and medical and pharmaceutical sciences, providing a tailored framework continuing into acquisition of in depth knowledge on applying drug interventions of diseases, covering the whole range of drug development disciplines.
2. Understanding, appreciating and conducting scientific research in the area of pharmaceutical design and engineering.
- has a detailed understanding of the basics of pharmaceutical design and engineering and can apply the concepts to understanding and conducting pharmaceutical design and engineering research and critically appraising the literature;
- knows how information in scientific literature can be used to develop new concepts relevant to pharmaceutical design and engineering;
- has practical knowledge of research in the area of pharmaceutical design and engineering and knows the limitations and advantages of relevant methods;
- is aware of the potential ethical and social implications of scientific research, and is able to critically reflect on his/her actions in this context;
- can critically appraise the literature, present research to a broader audience oral and in writing and can discuss studies at a Master level.
Subjects of choice (>5 ECTS).
- has in-depth knowledge of at least three different subjects of research (target identification, drug design, biologics, biotechnology, or innovative drug and dosage forms) each of at least 1 ECTS;
- has proven capability of formulating orally and in writing background of a specific subject, research aim, methods including setting, study population, determinants, outcomes, data collection, analysis and references.